To all members,
On the new frontpage of www.Rochesterparkour.com you will find a button on the right hand side that says donate. At first, this button was just added as a side project. Unfortunately, it is now the time where we need you, the community, the most.
The gym has now been open for almost a month and progress, as much as I hate to say it, is still slow. We’ve had a couple amazing successes which include the grand opening and the Ninja Warrior event, but we are still lacking in funds necessary to pay our rent.
This gym is not just a side project nor is it a method by which to steal or sink money. This gym is necessary for a wide variety of reasons:
1. This physical space is a testament to the Rochester community that we, as a community, are serious and proud about what we do.
2. Having a space speaks loudly to the worldwide community that we can band together and do something real and lasting. It puts Rochester on the map of known communities. I’ve actually been approached by several traceurs who have never been to New York, who know about Rochester Parkour and have an understanding that it is an amazing and dedicated community.
3. A space provides us with the means by which to enact lasting change on what parkour is and how it is viewed by the public. This is a place to denounce anyone who has shrugged us off as just another bunch of crazy and delinquent kids jumping off things for thrills.
4. This space is necessary for the dreaded Winter months that will inevitably come and make your training that much more difficult. The gym will be there for you.
5. This space is a community space much more than it is a “business.” We opened this gym for you so that you could further your progress but also have a space where others would go to socialize and hang out.
All donations will be tracked and you will get to put your name up on the donations wall in the lounge. Those donating $30 or more will automatically get unlimited memberships for the rest of this month. If you have no money to spend, send me an email at email@example.com and tell me that you would like to help us out! We need volunteers for fund raising events.
If we lose this space, we lose all of our hard work for the last 4 months. This cannot happen. We must show the Rochester community that we are proud to be a part of this community and the greater Rochester community as well. We believe in ourselves and we believe in movement with a purpose. We can be a driving force of change. Help us help you be that change.
Charles Moreland, BS, CSCS
Executive Director Rochester Parkour